Featured Post

Commander, A Dog's Story

Monday, November 11, 2019

I Met Riddick Bowe Thank You Veterans #VeteransDay #LasVegas #TheDunes Are Here To Stay! #MyImpression Before and After: #LoveOfTheChamp #Boxing

My impression of Riddick Bowe circa 1994 was he was a limitless man. Heartfelt. He was so pure he even thought I might try to take his title away someday. I won't Champ. You are the greatest person if that makes sense. Greatest in that you struck me as an empathetic fellow. You knew me when you tested me and my response was only love for the CHAMP.

Now, that takes me to Muhammad Ali. I think I lost a bet on him. Yes, Frazier beat him a couple of times, but guess what Mike Hildreth, when Howard Cosell yelled out over the air, "Down goes Frazier! Down Goes Frazier!" it made up for it.
copyright John Rubens
speculative fiction due to live parties.
November 11, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment