Featured Post

JESUS: GIVING

He that giveth of his life on drugs is not the same as a sober man seeking to abandon all for me. The Sacred Heart of Christ. Always giving ...

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

#IncarcerationCity: #Lockdown

A rain slicked courtyard in the back. A dried piece of toast on my cell sink, half-eaten.  The warden closed the cell door behind me.

"John, think of the good things you have.  It could be worse.  See you tomorrow morning bright and early at the library and I'll give you the Trustee's keys."

I looked down at the concrete floor and not at the warden. "Yeah." I replied to him, trying not to sound depressed but jovial, like a talk show radio host.

The latch clicked and I knew I was locked in for the duration, ten hours.  What did I do to land here?  Threw an egg at the President's limo.  Federal Penitentiary--Leavenworth. I finally made it.

The "Unsmarts"

The warden had me in a cell-block of "unsmarts" because, for one I wasn't the smartest bloke in the penitentiary, and two, I could get along with the unsmarts by example, or if that didn't work, hypnotism or "command presence".  By my association with core groups of inmates, we could create auras of "command presence" so the unsmart would feel he or she had no other choice but to comply with our clique's demonstrated behavior.  It often happened the clique leadership itself needed conditioning--that's when the warden and I had our tete-a-tete.

copyright reserved
John Rubens
March 24, 2018

Themes: Protectionism, The Monroe Doctrine; NBC (MSM); Deep State (Elitism, Trustees & Stakeholders).


No comments:

Post a Comment