Featured Post

Commander, A Dog's Story

Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Dude Abides on Pins and Needles

Bowling is worthwhile.
Golfing is expansive.
"Listen to me."
re: Subversion to domination of the plurality of the populace
Reinvent the wheel 360 or hovercraft/submarine [innovations-deep work].
Time magazine.
Drill a hole in the earth, look for specimens.
"No wonder I'm not a leader. I'm merely the shift captain. I set the tone and we abide. The wolf comes the menace alpha dog with his American football."

ME: Wait a minute Cal, if more and more are hired for "deep work", won't we forget our hygiene like musicians and scientists?

CAL NEWPORT: That's where discipline and scheduling come in.

ME: I never was much of a domestic.

CAL NEWPORT: I'm glad you asked. Where there are depths, there are shallows. I never said to completely wash your hands so to speak, of the shallows. But looking through history, soon you'll find an app for that.

ME: I-Robot.

CAL NEWPORT: Ha ha, you're the robot now.

1 comment:

  1. That's where digital minimalism comes in. I'm more than an email delete.

    ReplyDelete