Featured Post

JESUS: GIVING

He that giveth of his life on drugs is not the same as a sober man seeking to abandon all for me. The Sacred Heart of Christ. Always giving ...

Thursday, February 15, 2018

How Can It Get Any Worse? "It only gets worse." Ilios Teacher Rodney "Rod" Lanier from San Carlos High after it closed. I saw him near Burton Park circa 1983, "It Only Gets Worse."

"Really?" I replied not wanting to hear the prognosis.

"Aw, I'm just kidding John.  I'm just kidding," and we looked at each other and realized he was not just kidding but "worse" was not far ahead.

A co-worker, his dad was a foreman of fruit pickers in SoCal., an I were talking at Las Virgenes Van Lines circa 1996, I asked him, "How can it get any worse." "It only gets worse." #CarlmontQB on aging. #DantesInferno "It can go either way."--#JohnMarshallRubens on #deathbed.

Legend: Can't remember the blond quarterback's name. It started with an 'R' but I had changed schools as a sophomore and he reminded me of the football coach at Bellarmine College Prep. in San Jose, Lauro.\

It's not Lauro, the Carlmont QB married a Carlmont cheerleader and taught social issues at ILIOS.  He was a Beatles trivia analyst.  Brought in Black Bart the burglar to speak, "Why are they locking up so tight?" "So I'd break and enter.  I went on welfare for a while, it's hard to kick the habit. [You try it]."

No comments:

Post a Comment